Below are several resources related to music theory.
Music Theory Community Information
Related Music and Professional Societies
- Click to view
- American Council of Learned Societies
- American Musicological Society
- The Canadian University Music Society (CUMS) Société de musique des universités canadiennes (SMUC)
- Center for Black Music Research
- College Music Society
- Croatian Association of Music Theorists
- Gesellschaft für Musiktheorie (Austria, Germany, Switzerland)
- Gruppo di Analisi e Teoria Musicale (GATM) Italy
- International Association for the Study of Popular Music
- International Musicology Society
- Israeli Music Theory Forum (IMTF)
- Polskie Towarzystwo Analizy Muzycznej (PTAM)
- Russian Society for Music Theory
- Societa Italiana di Analise Musicale (SIDAM) Italy
- Society for American Music
- Society for Ethnomusicology
- Society for Mathematics and Computation in Music
- Society for Music Analysis UK
- Society for Music Perception and Cognition
- Société Belge d'Analyse Musicale
- Société Française d'Analyse Musicale (SFAM)
- Vereniging voor Muziektheorie (Netherlands/Belgium)
Special offers for SMT Members
- Ashgate Publishing
- Journal of Mathematics and Music
Taylor & Francis is delighted to offer members of the Society for Music Theory a discounted personal subscription to Journal of Mathematics and Music. Launched in 2007, Journal of Mathematics and Music focuses on mathematical and computational approaches to musical structures and processes. View the content of recent issues. SMT members can receive an individual print subscription to Journal of Mathematics and Music at a special society member rate of US$40/£24. The Journal is published three times per year. Contact +44 (0)20 7017 5543 or firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe. (Quote UE10101W) For any queries, please contact Angela Dickinson.
- Music Analysis
The journal Music Analysis is offering a 15% discount on the subscription price for SMT members.
- Oxford University Press
Oxford University Press is offering a discount of up to 30% for SMT members on all music titles.
- JSTOR JPASS discount
In collaboration with JSTOR, the Society for Music Theory is pleased to offer you a special, discounted fee for JPASS, a new JSTOR access plan for individuals. Designed for those without institutional access to the JSTOR archival collections, JPASS is ideal for society members working outside of the academy. It is also valuable for faculty members at institutions with limited access to JSTOR, and for adjuncts with sporadic access to library resources. Regardless of your institutional affiliation, JPASS serves as your personal library card to the rich selection of journals on JSTOR.
As part of your membership SMT, we are able to offer you the 1-year JPASS access plan for $99 -- a 50% discount on the listed rate. JPASS includes unlimited reading and 120 article downloads—not only to Music Theory Spectrum, but to more than 1,500 humanities, social science, and science journals in the JSTOR archival collections. To use your member discount and sign up for JPASS, follow this custom link.
This custom link will expire in approximately three months. If you decide to purchase JPASS at a later date, please contact the Executive Director. If you would like to renew your JPASS plan next year, we will furnish a new custom link to guarantee your member discount rate.
Note: JPASS has no impact for members who access Music Theory Spectrum on JSTOR through the Individual Access program. You may continue to access Music Theory Spectrum, as you regularly do. We recommend that you purchase JPASS if you wish to access more of the JSTOR archive. Please note that your JPASS discount is only available through the above link. Click to learn more, and to browse the 1,500+ journals in this program.