Join or renew your SMT membership by September 3 to receive the Fall 2020 issue of Music Theory Spectrum.
With membership in The Society for Music Theory, you become part of an organization of music theorists recognized world-wide.
The benefits of membership include:
- Subscription to SMT's semiannual print journal, Music Theory Spectrum
- Access to the semiannual Newsletter
- Participation in SMT annual meetings
- Opportunities to serve the Society through committee participation
- Voting privileges in election of officers
- Nominating privileges for various awards and for elections
- Discounts from a variety of journal and book publishers
Your membership dues help support the numerous services offered by SMT, including our online presence, services such as SMT-announce, Music Theory Online (MTO), and SMT-V. Please take a few moments to join SMT.
|Member status / income level ($ USD)||Membership Cost ($ USD)|
|$100,000 and above||$150|
How to Join SMT
- If you don't have an online SMT account, create an account here and follow the process to become a member.
- If you do have an online SMT account (all recent SMT members should have an account), sign in here and renew your membership.
- If you prefer to mail in a membership form with a check, print the membership form and mail it to the address indicated. You will be notified when your membership is active.