With membership in The Society for Music Theory, you become part of an organization of music theorists recognized world-wide.
The benefits of membership include:
- Subscription to SMT's semiannual print journal, Music Theory Spectrum
- Access to the semiannual Newsletter
- Participation in SMT annual meetings
- Opportunities to serve the Society through committee participation
- Voting privileges in election of officers
- Nominating privileges for various awards and for elections
- Discounts from a variety of journal and book publishers
Your membership dues help support the numerous services offered by SMT, including our online presence, services such as SMT-announce, Music Theory Online (MTO), and SMT-V. Please take a few moments to join SMT.
|Supported Member (for those who have completed their studies and whose income is $35,000 USD or less)||$45|
|Overseas Member (who is also a member of another professional music society)||$85|
|Joint Student Member||$55|
|Joint Retired Member||$55|
|Joint Overseas Member (who are also members of another professional music society)||$100|
Joint memberships are for two members who share a residence or address.
How to Join SMT
- If you don't have an online SMT account, create an account here and follow the process to become a member.
- If you do have an online SMT account (all recent SMT members should have an account), sign in here and renew your membership.
- If you prefer to mail in a membership form with a check, print the membership form and mail it to the address indicated. You will be notified when your membership is active.
For any questions, or if you experience any problems in trying to join, please contact the Executive Director.